The Wellington Wellbeing Centre is the operational centre of the Wellbeing and Pathways services at Wellington. The centre incorporates offices to facilitate the work of:
- Director of Student Services and Wellbeing, Mr Peter O’Bree
- Director of Student Services and Inclusion, Ms Natasha Dickinson
- Adolescent Health Nurse, Ms Shelley Beasley
- Chaplain, Ms Rachael Jones
- Social Worker, Mr Jared Bayly
- Visiting DET Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech Pathologists
- Outreach workers from Community agencies such as Monash Youth Services (MYS), South East Community Links (SECL), Eastern Drug and Alcohol Service (EDAS) amongst others.
- Careers Coordinator, Mrs Lucinda Huffer
- Managed Individual Pathways Coordinator, Mrs Anita Saxton
The College Breakfast Club operates from the Wellbeing Centre on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday mornings to support students with a healthy start to the day and the opportunity to network with other students and staff in a friendly atmosphere.
Students and families are able to access a number of services impacting on their wellbeing in one place. If we cannot provide the service needed, we will refer people to the appropriate agency.
The college enjoys partnerships with professional health services who consult with students onsite in the Wellbeing Centre. McKinley Medical Centre, in Police Road Mulgrave, provide a General Practitioner one afternoon a week to see students on an appointment basis. Engage 1 on 1 Psychology provides psychologists two days a week to support students on an appointment basis also. Both services are bulk billed on the Medicare system and are effective, timely and convenient student supports that many families have utilised. Appointments can be arranged by contacting Mr O’Bree at the college on 9547 6822.
Rachael Jones – College Chaplain
The College Chaplain, Rachael Jones, is employed through the federally funded National Schools Chaplaincy Student Wellbeing Program (NSCSWP). Rachael is a trained Social Worker who assists students, staff and parents with social issues. She is at the College 2 days a week, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Parents may call Rachael for assistance at the College on 9547 6822. If parents have queries regarding Rachael’s role or would like to give feedback on the services she provides, please call Mr O’Bree at the College on 9547 6822.
Jared Bayly – Social Worker
Jared Bayly is a Social Worker employed full time by the College. He assists students and families with a wide range of issues, with a special focus on attendance support. Jared may be contact at the College on 9547 6822.