Wellington Secondary College is committed to:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, students and visitors.
- Ensuring that the occupational rehabilitation process is commenced as soon as possible after an injury in a manner consistent with medical judgement.
- Ensuring that injured employees stay at work or return to work as soon as possible, as per normal practice and expectation.
- Providing appropriate duties, where practicable, for an injured employee as an integral part of the rehabilitation process.
- Ensuring that if appropriate duties cannot be provided at the employee’s workplace, attempts will be made to provide these duties at an other location.
- Consulting with employees, and other relevant persons, during the development and implementation of the Return to Work plan to ensure effective operation of the rehabilitation processes.
- Ensuring that participation in a Return to Work programme will not, in itself, prejudice an injured worker.
Return to Work Co-ordinator
This person is responsible for ensuring that occupational rehabilitation programmes are implemented and that Return to Work plans are effective.
The Return to Work Co-ordinator in this school is Mr Geoff Ellis.