MARCH 18 ADVICE FOR SCHOOLS REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS
Coronavirus Update – March 18, 2020
Dear Parents/Guardians, Staff, Students and members of the Wellington Community,
The Department of Education provided further advice to schools overnight regarding the management of COVID-19.
Based on this advice the following decisions have been made by the College Leadership Team:
- Open Night, scheduled for this Wednesday March 18 has been cancelled.
- School Tours have been cancelled until further notice.
- All Camps and Excursions for the remainder of Term 1 have been cancelled. This includes the Year 7 Swimming Program.
- Whole School and Sub School Assemblies will be cancelled for the rest of the term.
- 3-Way Conferences, scheduled for Wednesday March 25, have been cancelled. Staff will still provide on-line feedback as we would in normal circumstances, and I encourage parents to engage in email communication through Compass with individual teachers should you wish clarification on your child’s progress report. Please note, that school will revert to a “normal day” schedule – 8.30am to 3.05pm.
- COMPASS remains the key platform of reference for all communication between teachers, students and parents.
- From today, all teachers have been instructed to upload work and resources covered in all classes in all subjects.
- Click here for the Home Learning Policy
- Click here for the Digital Responsibility Policy
Further, I remind our community of the importance of maintaining high personal hygiene standards – regular and thorough hand washing in particular.
We are discouraging personal contact from parents and guardians through the General Office unless it is absolutely necessary – where possible phone (9547 6822) or email communication should be used via Compass or the college email address email@example.com
Members of the community who have recently returned from overseas travel and are currently self-isolating are not permitted to visit the school, under any circumstances.
I continue to thank everyone for their support. The above advice is current from the time of writing, but of course it may change at any moment. When and if it does, I will keep the community informed.